Plant It Right!
Why does Faddegon’s encourage you to purchase these products when you plant? Quite simply, they really will make a difference in the success of your garden or landscape. We use Coast of Maine Penobscot Planting Mix and Espoma Biotone Starter on all of our projects and have concluded that this is a winning combination!
Biotone Starter Plus
Why Use It?
CUT DOWN ON TRANSPLANT LOSS!
Bio-tone® Starter Plus is an all-natural organic fertilizer that is combined with a stronger concentration of our beneficial bacteria. The ideal starter organic fertilizer, originally designed for professionals!
All natural organic fertilizer with bacteria, humates, and mycorrhizae.
- Microbe enhanced all natural organic plant fertilizer
- Includes both Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae.
- Grows a larger root mass to help plants establish fast.
- Promotes bigger blooms.
- Reduces transplant loss.
Penobscot Planting Mix
Why Use It?
An all-in-one blend for planting annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees or conditioning gardens beds and borders. A rich, smooth blend of salmon and blueberry compost, tiny mussel shell fragments, and peat. Available in 1cf. bags.
- Compost helps improve the moisture and nutrient holding capacity of your soil.
- Peat helps lighten the blend and gives it a consistent texture.
- Atlantic salmon is an extremely rich source of nutrients that plants thrive on.
- The leaves and twigs of wild blueberries are rich sources of fibrous organic matter.
- Crushed shells are a great source of calcium and help aerate and add texture to poor, acidic soils common to the Northeast.
- Sphagnum peat is the decayed remains of a moss that has thrived in coastal bogs since the Ice Age. Its water absorbing capacity makes it a key ingredient.